Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"What's the [Motto] with you?"


Often times, we like to have a tag line in our lives that motivates us in our every day lives. Sometimes, they serve as a reminder of certain ideas or goals that we set at some point. Then again, sometimes those "tag lines" that we think we came up with on our own, are not really our own, much less the first time for them to be used. For example, Nike's "Just Do It." It is a common phrase we use in our conversations with our peers, but it is also a logo/motto for a major shoe company.

Here is a phrase I have always loved:

"Never b flat, Never b sharp, Always b natural"

In other words, it is saying to just be yourself, in just a more musical sense. 

But, I have never succeeded in finding the original author. Again, that is why motto's are sometimes difficult to work with because we often times do not have an original author. So, if this does belong to someone, I do not intend to steal it from you, it is just a phrase/tag line that I have always enjoyed. I would give all the credit to you if only I knew your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment