All of our lives we are in search of that-- our purpose. But what exactly does that mean? It's been said that God sent each and every single one of us to a mission on earth. A lot of us spend years and years seeking our true purpose, and little are those who truly fulfill their mission. Sometimes it's like searching for love, we look and we look and when we think we've found the right one, it turns out it was another one of those that don't hang on for very long. But, once you've found the one, life is much more beautiful. Everyone has the freedom of claiming their mission, it may not necessarily be pursued to its full extent but, it is an attempt nonetheless.
To obtain higher education and seek the knowledge and wisdom necessary to make a difference in the lives of many individuals, to be a voice for those who don't have it or are too afraid to speak up, to teach and pass on the Hispanic culture and the Catholic tradition for many more generations to come. In other words, my mission is to simply put my life to good use, to be able to use all my skills, gifts, and talents so that I can help others, and to live a healthy and balanced life full of faith, hope, and joy! I want to make a positive difference, wherever I go.
Love and happiness. The two things that we, as humans, tend to seek the most in life. It may not necessarily be obtained from knowledge and materialistic objects/items, but nonetheless, knowledge is key in my vision. I see myself reaching far out and obtaining a graduate degree in Law and/or Education. I want to be well prepared for the new challenges that our next generation will face, especially in the minority population. I plan to obtain my graduate degree from the University of Chicago and later find myself working within the United Nations.
My Values:
My morals and values derive from a Christian-based faith. I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church and attended catechism until eighth grade. Religion and spirituality have always been a great role in my life. I seek a life full of faith and wisdom through search in God. Along with that, education has been equally important to me; I am committed to academic excellence. I value education tremendously because it is one treasure we posses that cannot be taken from us. Once we have it, we always have it. No one can physically steal it from us. That is why I am continuing my education, setting up goals and reaching out to them so I can fulfill my mission and my vision more effectively.
No comments:
Post a Comment