Friday, December 13, 2013

Movie Reviews

Pulling Strings

The movie “Pulling Strings” is an adventurous romance comedy film that anyone would enjoy, especially if one is familiar with the Mexican culture. A common mariachi lead singer, Alejandro, attempts to get a visa to the United States at the embassy in Guadalajara, but his application and request is denied by a lovely gringa (or white female) named Rachel. Somehow, later on that day, Rachel attends a party where Alejandro and his mariachi are performing and the adventure begins there. It is a fun and family-friendly film that will make you jump out of your seat, leaving scenes engraved in your mind that allow you to recall in the car, which could lead to inside jokes for the family. This is a movie I would definitely watch again and again!

Bad Grandpa

The movie “Bad Grandpa” was literally a bad movie; bad, in terms of respect, manners, and morals, not in terms of the quality of the production. I went to watch it with friends without realizing that there were obscene scenes, but after knowing that the movie was from the same makers of “Jackass,” it all made sense. Despite the inappropriate actions of the grandpa, it was a hilarious film. What I found more fascinating about the product in its entirety is that the “extras” were not actors, rather real people who had no idea that they were being filmed. This made everything throughout the movie seem more realistic, even when one assumed that certain parts had to be fake. It’s not a movie that I would watch over and over again (and I don’t think I will ever watch it again) because of some disturbing and inappropriate scenes which go against my morals. However, it does have a neat story line to it and the ending is a cute yet, typical finale.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment